Nine years ago most of us were coming to the realization of the events taking place in our country. It has been determined that 19 men hijacked 4 jets and used them as weapons to cause the death of about 3,000 others.
In recent news we have heard quite a bit about the plans and protests surrounding the building of a mosque/Islamic cultural center/Córdoba/rabat near ground zero. The NY Post's recent article places forth some discussion that this building has more sinister purposes than a Islamic gathering place. I found some interesting discussion about the NY Post article at WDTPRS.
We have also heard of the on again off again decision to burn Qurans in protest of the plans to build the Muslim building.... not to mention the protests against the Quran burning.
Remember to pray for the souls who died today 9 years ago.
Other links of interest:
1) The elephant in the mosque
2) Journalistic Malpractice: Time Magazine’s Bobby Ghosh and CNN’s Ali Velshi on “Cordovan Ecumenism” in Muslim Spain
3) Pastor's Page - Fr. George Welzbacher - August 29, 2010
4) Questions raised by Nostra aetate about the Christian God and Muslim Allah
5) To remember or forget?
6) How are they down, how have they fallen down