2011-03-09

Ash Wednesday - Holy Season of Lent 2011

"...In our sissified times, we now have two days of obligatory fasting: Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. We now have eight days of obligatory abstinence: Ash Wednesday Good Friday, and all the other Fridays in Lent..."

"...To live a life of virtue, our passions need to brought into submission..."

"...Either we lead our passions, or our passions lead us..."

"...run your penances past a confessor..."

"...If you love our Lord, you have the Holy Season of Lent to prove it."

Take the time today to listen to "Lent: Fasting and Abstinence in the Tradition of the Church" at Audio Sancto.

2 comments:

The Reginator said...

I just listened to this sermon on 'Audio Sancto'.
I'm certainly inspired to strengthen my Lenten fast as I know understand the reasoning and the importance better than I ever did.

I wish I could get my family to observe Lent again. (Or at least return to the Church.)

anon said...

@mrregsmith:

The next time you have minutes to spare, bolster yourself with the Audio Sancto sermon posted here: http://anonisnowhere.blogspot.com/2011/03/infallibly-gain-these-graces.html

Your attendance at Mass... for your family goes a long way.

Please have a Holy Lent.